Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy Monday to All

For me today is kind of blah but I hope everyone is having a happy Monday, or is that just against the rules? Are "happy" and "Monday" words that don't belong together like so many others out there? Anyways, don't know where I was headed with that one.

Message boards: Is it just me or do they all eventually get pretty dull? I am having a difficult time hanging out at the NS boards at all anymore. Mainly the problem is the fact that they haven't been working properly at all in the last 2 weeks or more or just the fact that I don't find much to talk about on there. It's not the only board it's happened with. There's also a gaming board I used to visit all the time and it just isn't interesting to me anymore. I feel bad about it to some degree, but I've lost interest, what can I say?

Slow Cooker: So I got the slow cooker on Friday and decided to take it for a spin this weekend. The first meal I decided to try was Barbequed-Beef Sandwiches which came out fantastic! So that was Saturday night's dinner (though a late dinner due to my inexperienced timing). However, the second meal was an altogether different nightmarish scene. For Sunday I had the timing down pat, early morning the stuff goes in and it's done just in time for dinner. However, it's clearly my own fault that I didn't think too much about how the result would end up given all the indications..lots of soup, rice cooking for 8 hours, etc. Anyhow, this is what I chose to make: Parmesan Chicken I. There is a reason why there's no picture on that link. It's because you'd never make it if you saw the way this mush ends up looking. It was edible all in all. I omitted the butter and it was still kind of high on the calorie side for my taste, but it was worth the experience. All in all, my conclusion is that beef is the best meat for the crock pot. The reason is that chicken doesn't generally hold up so well after so many hours of cooking, but beef only gets better versus overcooked. I'll keep experimenting anyhow. I want to try the Thai Chicken next when I can be at home to keep an eye on it. For when I leave it on during the day while I'm at work I'll stick to stews for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The NS board is definitely an irritant. I don't have time to waste waiting for it to pull up and post the replies. I did check your profile today and was so very pleased to see your little tiny numbers. How does it feel to have lost 101 pounds my dear???? Every congratulation and well wish on the planet. You have worked so hard and your results are just stunning!!!!
Susan

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to check the NS board when you get a minute. You might be surprised. Me

6:02 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

lol the tease of all teases is that I managed to get into the board and I saw the thread so I click on it and it won't load!!! I can't read it because the boards are down!! So frustrating lol. But I'll keep trying tonight and if not then tomorrow.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home