Thursday, June 08, 2006

NS

June 27th will mark my 1 year anniversary on NutriSystem. Luckily I will be able to say that I've accomplished alot thanks to this program and what I've learned from it. It has been, and will continue to be, quite the journey. The easiest part has truly been losing the weight because I feel that I still eat well. The hardest part, which I'm still working on, has been coming to terms with the fact that I will forever have to watch what I eat and continuously work at staying thin.

I want to list a few things that have been important to me. There are many more, but listing all of them would take quite a while. Also, I tend to forget the little things sometimes and that's too bad really. But I'll never forget what it felt like to weigh 341 lbs.

Thanks to NS:

*I know what a meal should look like.
*I know what kinds of food I should be eating for optimum health.
*I know how to successfully eat out at a restaurant or other events where I don't prepare the food.
*I am physically active.
*I have all the tools I need to ensure long-term success regardless of whether life throws me curveballs or not.


Due to working NS:

*I am able to fit in an airplane seat comfortably and eat on the tray.
*I can move freely! Bending, kneeling, squatting, running, walking, jumping, etc.
*I like what I see in the mirror.
*I can essentially wear what I want. I am no longer limited to shopping by catalog only.
*I feel good about myself.
*I'm not ashamed to be "seen" in public and I no longer feel I don't look good enough to be by my husband's side. (He doesn't agree with this statement that I should ever have felt embarassed because he's always loved me for who I am and never felt embarassed to be at my side).

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

If I'm not mistaken, today is the first time I viewed your NS profile and I was wonderfully impressed and inspired by you, so I felt compelled to visit your blog and leave you a message.
The fact that it has taken you under a year to accomplish as much as you have is truly something to be proud of! I am currently on my 4th week and find the program very satisfying, but after reading what you have accomplished, I am even MORE motivated than ever to stop "accidently" having a few extra bites of things I shouldn't be putting into my mouth. I want to reach my goal of losing 120 lbs. by next summer so that I can go to my 20th high school class reunion and knock their socks off!
Congratulations on your weight loss and continued success to you. I hope to look as sexy as you do one day soon!!!
Rio

2:01 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

Thank you so much Rio :). I'm glad I could inspire you, it really works!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

NO need to thank me... I think you're a doll!!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

Flavia!!!

YOU ROCK WOMAN!!!!

Actually, can I say YOU ROCK THE CAZBA? lolol...I have no idea what that means...but I think it was a popular song in my youth. :)

Ps - June 25th marks my 1st year anniversary being married!!! so you started NS on a monday...I was in Vegas on my Honeymoon gettin' busy! tee hee....

Congrats!!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger smilingchica said...

i found you on nutrisystem, i was so impressed, inspired, amazed, happy, excited and just extatic! i've been on the program for 5 days and i can't wait until i can post pictures just like you!! you truly are an inspiration! CONGRATS!!! :)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

You'll be able to post those pictures before you know it :).

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home