Monday, May 29, 2006

A Little Scared

I have to admit I feel a bit scared. I'm scared that my mindset isn't in the right place and that I'll sabotage my goals. The reason why isn't so much that I only lost about 1 lb this week, it's more the reasons why that is the case. I have off and on days where I just binge. Yesterday was one of those days. I just ate and ate, healthy choices but in large quantities and just mentally couldn't stop myself. It was insane. It's almost as if throwing it all to the wind makes me feel like I'm not as deprived and that I'm satisfying myself when I'm really not. I'm not deprived and I don't need satisfaction that way.

This brings me to my fear. I'm afraid that I am truly not learning how to eat the right portions without feeling unsatisfied and that I seem to have the mentality that when I reach that elusive goal I can slack off in either eating, exercise, or both. I'm afraid I'll never get to my goal and if I do I'll mess it up when I'm there. I don't quite know what to do or how to change my mentality. How to go back to the idea that eating less is better and to go under versus over on my calories. This is becoming more and more difficult to me and it really worries me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I to have had these worrys. We have all been there many times. I have so often wanted to tell the medical experts the uncontrollable ureges that drive us after we lose the weight. It is like our bodies demand we feed,feed, I am losing slowly now and hope this might help my body to not go into this time of feeding when I get to the weight I want to be. So realize, you are not alone. I worry too. I have made up my mind, this is the last time I lose weight. Iam 60 years old now. Been at this all my life. Feel good now but , like you, still have concern. Thank you for sharing and listening. DaisyDoit (Bonnie)

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home