Saturday, June 17, 2006

Restlessness

Days off feel sooooo good! I'm so glad to be done with my little work marathon from the past few weeks. I have noticed something very important about myself though. I've become one of those restless people that always need to be moving or doing something. Even though I've been so tired these last few weeks I still got up early yesterday and got waxed, hair done, cooking, exercise, etc. I even kept getting up to do this or that while watching a movie for goodness sake. Today too, I got a massage then came home and ate lunch and immediately went out to do errands, etc and just kept myself moving all day long. I can't seem to help myself. I wonder what the deal is. The Flavia of the past would sleep in until 1pm at any opportunity, lounge around watching movies or playing a game, or anything lazy like that and the new Flavia just can't sit still through a movie! The plus side? More calories burned HAHAHA. Plus, I just feel so productive.

On the food front, I made some killer biscotti today. I've been wanting to make some since I just haven't seen some that I'd want to buy anywhere and I'm all out of the NS ones, so I gave it a shot today and they turned out fantastic. I'll never buy biscotti again. I made some apricot-pecan ones and chocolate-pecan ones. The chocolate ones were better in my opinion and my husband agreed. I think my mom will love the apricot-pecan ones though.

Anyhow, enough ramblings for one day. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never forget being a little girl and the house would be quiet at 11am cuz you were still asleep and I wanted to go outside and play or something but I didnt know whether to leave a note or just go or wake you up to tell you that I was going or what to do... or the times that I wanted to hang out with you but you were still asleep... or waking up and wanting to still lie in bed with you yet getting bored of waiting for you to wake up.. so trying to do little "unobvious" things to wake you up "accidently".. lol
You sure knew how to sleep....

and you sure didnt cook much.. lol. Now that you cook I dont live with you for easy access to the awesome meals! This just isnt fair.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

LOL! I love you and remember that very well! Now you're the one that sleeps in :p.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also once was the only bunny rabbit and now look who cant get enough of those veggies after all those years of name calling..!! *cries* lol

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home