Wednesday, February 22, 2006

People's Reactions

I find it ever amusing how different people react to the same situation so differently. Specifically speaking about people's reactions to how I look now. I've gotten many of the "You look great! What are you doing?" followed by the "Of course, you've always looked beautiful, I don't mean to imply..." to which I answer "Don't worry, I'm not that sensitive and I understand what you're trying to say." This is one of the more common conversations. One that is more rare is "Wow woman! You look great but stop there! You don't want to get too thin, you're perfect where you're at!" to which I just laugh and thank them for the compliment. There's also the precious comments from my mom that contains congratulations plus the ever present worry not to get carried away because she thinks my goal weight of 160 is a bit low but I reassure her that my goal is a flat stomach more than a number. Then there's the even rarer comment that takes the prize. I had this happen yesterday with one of our vendors where he tells me "You're looking really good, losing weight right?" the conversation goes along as normal and he asks how much I've lost and asks if I don't mind telling him what weight I'm at. Well, I'm not ashamed to be at 222 lbs versus the 341 lbs I started out at so I did answer and he replies "well you're doing very well, keep up the good work to get there dear." LOL, in other words, good going but make sure you keep going! I think I even chuckled to his face when I heard that one. Even better, let me describe the man it's coming from. He's very thin, about mid 40s but looks older, very nerdy and unfortunately (for him) ugly. At any rate, I don't really care about what others think or say anywhere near as much as I care about what the mirror tells me. I'm happy, I'm not there yet, but I'm definitely a hell of a lot more sexy and better looking than when I started!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha.. people are interesting. :P

My response is along the lines of, "Wow youre looking awfully pretty today! Heyyyyy where did that BUTT come from!!?!??!" hehe. Good job sis :) You kick butt

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home