Friday, March 24, 2006

I've Been Thinking Lately...

I wonder why some people, myself included, develop problems with food and weight while others never even skim the surface of that problem. What is it really that gets us to this point? It baffles me because I expect to be able to eat to live versus live to eat as if the problem never existed. I don't understand why thoughts of food should really matter at all at this point, yet I know they still do on more occasions than I like. It's odd to me. I watch my sister and my inlaws and I see that even if they love what they're eating, it's rare they finish it and it just doesn't phase them. What's the secret? I want to be like that, yet I don't really understand it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fascination, appetite, habits.... if you think about it, we probably still eat more than the recommended portion for us and so we dont finish the plate perhaps cuz we're full! I dunno what it is.. but I know that weight gain has something to do with genetics to a degree.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting that in black & white - I always wondered about that too - if what they're eating is so good, how can they NOT finish it?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home