Monday, June 19, 2006

My Scale is Toying with Me

Yes, you read that right, I'm attributing sentient qualities to an inanimate object. No, I'm not quite crazy yet. This not so little minx housed in my garage likes to play with me. Last Monday it tells me I weigh 188 lbs, on Saturday I weighed 184 lbs, on Sunday I weighed 182 lbs, and today I weigh 190 lbs. So where's the truth?

In all fairness, I gave new meaning to the word gluttony last night and I was still full from dinner after breakfast when I weighed myself. I knew it would toy with me. So the upside in all this is what you ask? The upside is that the scale has less power than the mirror. I am getting firmer and I will lose this weight and I'm not taking a year to lose these last 30 lbs either! I have decided to have 2 weigh in dates now though. I will weigh in Monday's as usual and on Wednesdays. Why? Because while the scale isn't the end, it does affect how I feel to some degree and constant negativity won't work. I haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks and well, that's my own fault, but I need to see something positive and I know my actual loss or lack of loss will be reflected in a couple of days.

Or should I ditch the minx? LOL

1 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

LOL...you are soo funny! I hate my scale. Mine messes with me too! hehehe....i seriously gotta stop weighing EVERYDAY. LOL...it doesn't help my mindset at all!

Hey, I posted new pool pics the other day. :) go see the fun we be having! tee hee...

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home