Friday, March 24, 2006

Smoking

Ok...so I haven't wanted to really write this down because it forces me to come closer to the decision, but it has been on my mind a lot lately that I need to stop smoking. I know I need to do this and all that jazz but I'm not all that inclined to do it. I'm always an all or nothing kind of person so I know if I stop, I just stop. I've done it before and it's not really the cravings that bring me back to smoking, it's the lack of desire to not smoke.

Soon enough I'll come to a resolution and hopefully convince myself that I want to stop. It has to happen soon though because I know my body wants me to stop. I've given myself all these healthy changes with the foods I eat, the nutrition my body never knew before, and with the exercise that I'm very dedicated about. So naturally, kicking this habit is a necessity.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you quit, i'm right there with ya. Then we can be each other's support group :)

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... we all know it'll happen sooner or later with my future neice.... :P or nephew, fine - i'll be fair to both sexes.

I think it would be quite the challenge to stop but very awesome, and you definetly need to reach a point where you want to do it in order to succeed.

You have your hubby, your sis, the family behind you and your decisions. :)

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flavia..when you are ready..you will do it and succeed. You were ready to lose the weight and you're doing that. A former smoker myself (since I was 14 and quit when I was 31), I quit 2x (both pregnancies) it was the last pregnancy that I quit for good. What helped was: I was pregnant and also to relieve stress and the smoking urges..my DH would basically give me a deep tissue massage whenever I felt really stressed. Also..Altoid mints! They are so minty it kind of satisfies that need for something in your mouth and it feels like you just had a cigarette. I've been smoke free for 3.5 yrs which I thought was impossible. You can do it and you have your family (and your NS family as well) to help when you need it. Best Wishes :o)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home