Monday, April 10, 2006

Monday Again!

Happy Monday everyone. I had a great weekend. On Saturday, husband and I went to Venice Beach and walked around, ate lunch (not your top notch cuisine for sure), and rode bikes. It was so much fun LOL. Afterwards we went and saw the movie Kinky Boots, it was cute and a light-hearted fun movie, and had some good dinner. It's been so long since we both felt the day didn't just fly by us, we were able to actually enjoy all the hours at our disposal. What a difference a change of pace makes in how you feel and how relaxed you feel.

We've decided to take our vacation in Venice, Italy this year. It will be in September sometime and I hope to be at goal by then in my weightloss. I'm extremely excited about it and started learning some Italian (LOL). Luckily Italian is very similar to Spanish, so I should be able to get quite a bit of it down before we leave. The romance of Venice awaits us!

My dad was able to find someone to get us a young goat for Easter and I'm looking forward to that. It's actually as low in calories, if not lower, as turkey white meat. I'm also making a traditional Argentine Rosca de Pascua. This is a dessert Easter bread with a creme top. There was little I could do to adapt this recipe, but I'll manage to lower the calorie counts a little bit without altering the taste. My family will be happy to have a "regular" dessert LOL. I have yet to figure out the rest, but I'll come up with something great ;).

Lastly, as a store we will be supporting the national proposition of a day without latino workers on May 1rst, 2006. While we may not struggle with the immigration issues that these people struggle with, we do believe they contribute more to our society than most want to give them credit for. Therefore, we'll be closing the shop and staying home to support the cause.

That about sums up everything, hope everyone is having a great day :).

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

WHOA, lady, look at your loss! You're thisclose to Onederland! What a fabulous accomplishment! WTG!!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

Thanks Rebecca :). I'm hoping this will be the week I fly into Onderland!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home