Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Writing Habits

I've been thinking off and on today about my writing habits. I remember in high school I used to write poetry and different things all the time. I really enjoyed it and thought I was pretty good (not truly that good looking back at the stuff, but I believed it at the time). I also kept a diary but after my mother read it one day I was never, ever able to keep a diary again. Confession in writing is always something to be avoided even if it's not bad stuff just private stuff. That's my take on it. But back to the point, I wonder why I don't get inspired to write poetry or things of that nature anymore. I've always loved writing, but that doesn't occur to me anymore. I'm not sure I could even be inspired to. Maybe I should get a few books by famous poets... Maybe some Emily Dickinson (need a translator for most of her work though because of all the layers of meaning).

Maybe the thing is that I just grew up? We'll see, I suppose this is the equivalent of the remembered past writings. I just wish I were more eloquent with words. I'll work on improving that ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home