Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm a Finalist!

OMG I'm so excited. This morning as I was pulling on my shirt getting ready for work I get a phone call from Ashley telling me that I made it to the top 5 in the NutriSystem summer contest. I just about flipped out! I'm blown away. Even more blown away by the amount of support and cheering I've read on the boards. It's incredible to me. I've never won anything in my life, raffles or contests, and I won even if I don't win the grand prize. I have a real shot at winning something I never even thought I'd become a finalist in!

Bear with the nutty woman on cloud 9 LOL. What a great way to start a Monday!

In other news...I have to wake up at 3 am tomorrow to leave for a furniture convention in Vegas. It will entail getting up at 3am to go to LAX, getting to Vegas too early to function properly, having breakfast, then walking miles and miles on all 10 floors of the new building, hitting the temporary tents, hitting the other convention, having dinner, gambling (will I be upright long enough to do some gambling is the question LOL), sleep, get up early and repeat until 5pm then rush to hit the plane back. OMG I'm getting tired just thinking about it. Last time I went (again in the 120 degree desert heat) my feet felt like they were about to fall off they were so sore. The silver lining is I won't be inside our store with it's 90+ degree inside temperature. Is sweating only a loss of water weight? LOL one could hope for more no?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sweet thing! I hope you do win the grand prize! Be crazy! Be Proud!

You earned this day!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahah when you say this is a chance at winning something you NEVER thought you'd win that is NO JOKE because I know that inside you gave in to the idea of being obese for the rest of your life. For you, there was hardly any chance turning your life around for quite some time... and now you're literally less than half the person you were and so beautiful and strong and inspiring and kick-ass! And now you have already won the first phase of a goal you never predicted to be in your future. I love you and we're all so proud! Shake that thang mama lol

7:19 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

Have I told ya how much I love ya sissy!

Both of you are awesome ;).

7:27 PM  
Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

go flavia! go flavia! go flavia!

whoo whoo.....

;)

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Flavia! Just wanted to add my congratulations here as well! It literally made my day to see that you were a finalist. You have been my #1 inspiration on the boards since the day I started (or however long it took me to find your profile) and I think the world of you and all that you've accomplished!!! I can't wait for them to announce the results, but true true, as you already said - clearly you've already won!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

Thank you Ruth! :)

I may sometimes falter, but I shall not fail! LOL

5:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Flavia, I hope you could hear us all cheering for you when we heard the news in NYC!! I am SO SO SO excited for you!

Every single part of my body is crossed for you to be the winner - nobody is more deserving. You ARE an inspiration!!!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home