Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Inner Goal

Wow, time really does fly! I came to some wonderful realizations last week but I haven't had a chance to post them before today. I realize that I'm happy. Truly happy about the way I look and feel. Therefore, I changed my goal from 160 lbs to 180 lbs. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to lose those last 20 lbs and be truly slim and skinny, but I've accomplished what I've set out to do and getting hung up on a number I've never seen on my body before seems like an incredibly dumb thing to do. All that does is fuel negativity when looking in the mirror shows me a beautiful person and I like what I see. So, I've decided that I am at goal. I am healthier than I've ever been, I wear a smaller size than I ever remember wearing in my life (even in high school), I can sit in an airplane with plenty of room to spare, I feel confident and sexy, I make better choices on a daily basis, etc. I am there by all measuring sticks I set out in front of myself a year and a half ago. So I am happy and I will continue to lose slowly, but I will no longer be hung up on a number like I have been for too long. The weight will come off without a doubt but it may take a year or two, I have time and I'm never going to fail myself.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. I'm glad you got yourself where you are with this. Being happy is a very good thing my dear. You certainly deserve feeling that way and being able to look at yourself with love and acceptance. Just excellent I think. Hugs to you, S

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're amazing Flav :)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... you have slacked on the postings!!! :P lol 12 whole days with no update about you!? this is nonsense. :)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Flavia said...

lol yep, i am slacking! hehe

3:10 PM  
Blogger Sophia said...

came to your blog by way of Ashley...what an inspiration you are!! Got to this point and just have to say WAY TO GO! What confidence and beauty (both inner and outer) in knowing that you are happy and that you have met those physical goals. Congratulations! :)

Sophia

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home