Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Lot in One Post

So much to write! That's what happens when you go so long without posting right?

Anyhow, it's been an interesting few weeks for me and will become even better as of this Friday (leaving to Italy)! A couple of weeks ago we did the 21rst birthday bash for my sister followed up by my birthday and 5 extra pounds. Yep, 5 of those suckers that cannot be attributed to water weight. I never updated my ticker in order to use it as motivation to stick to my guns and get back down to 178 quickly, but I will update it today because I've been sitting on 180 for about a week and I'm just going to "start over" from there. My perspective and attitude is in the right place which thrills me to no end. This isn't failure, it's life and I know exactly what to do to get back down and further down to goal and I will do it. That's all there is to it. I can live with that.

Anyhow, the last weekend I had my friends Ashley and Ann over and they made me a very special paella and we just had such a fantastic time! I wish they were my neighbors so we could just walk over to one another's place, but it just isn't that way. That same night my father made a very yummy barbeque at our house and we had some family over along with my friend Heather. It was just a nice day with good birthday loot LOL. I received all things I can use constantly so I'm very happy about that.

The following Tuesday my aunt went back to Argentina. It's always been one of the most difficult things to me to not have my large family close by to celebrate things like the different holidays and birthdays so it was nice to at least have her close for this one. I've definitely grown accustomed to the circumstances over the many years of my life, but I still wish it were different. It makes me sad when I hear of people with big families that don't even want to be around them, even during the holidays. We always want what we don't have right? At this point I'm grateful for what I do have.

In between and around all this, we've been faced with some medical difficulties in the family that I am keeping faith will only turn out very well. I believe the mind dictates the body and just hope it continues to be the case. That's all I can really say on that subject.

Continuing on to Wednesday, I found myself on a plane to a new place where I was able to meet different people and had a few days of fun. I felt pampered and luxurious and who doesn't love that? LOL I arrived back on Friday night with a very long travel day and too many delays under my belt. The real plus to this is I really don't need that much room on a plane! Thank goodness because it was packed and I hate crowding! Particularly when I used to be the big one doing the crowding; those days are long gone to never return. On my trip back, within eyesight there was this young girl (college age I believe) that was using the time to study and I felt so impressed by her and proud of her (though I'm sure she didn't care) as I see that she brought her own food on the plane and it was cut up veggies and some fruit. The guy across the aisle from me also brought his own South Beach Diet meal bar and some nuts. I was just impressed and happy to see that. It really is a beautiful thing to care for your body and not throw yourself into a stranger's hands riddled with awful, unhealthy food. It just felt good to see it.

Yesterday was my husband's 40th birthday. We had a wonderful celebration with friends and family after running around trying to get some last minute things before our trip to Italy. He really enjoyed himself and got some nice loot himself LOL. I love having people over and just enjoying each other's company. The only downfall to the day is the crap I put in my mouth, but today and on will be a great food week for me because I will it so and I'll put in double duty on the workout at least today and normal the rest of the week.

This week will be a bit crazy for me, but that's alright. Friday we leave for Italy and I cannot even begin to describe my excitement about it. I'm ready!

I hope everyone's week turns out fantastic!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so true how we want what we dont have and I, just like you, wish we could have our extended family with us.. or even within five six eight ten hours of driving.. I dont care, but the notion that theyre an 18 hour plane flight away irritates and upsets me in a way those fortunate enough to have their family around dont seem to understand. But anyway, enough with the upset lol.. having her here for our birthdays was awesome :)

About your Italy trip.. im still jealous. And Im also mad because it means I have to work at the store more. *pouts* I deserve some versace from Italy to make up for this sacrifice!!! lol :P It doesnt hurt to try ;)

And yay!!! about the plane - you must feel a million times better and relieved to not have issues in the seats. Especially now with a long trip to Italy... get comfortable! lol

I love you :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Flavia said...

You are a long way from Versace girly!!! LOL

I love you too ;)

5:24 PM  
Blogger M said...

Hi my friend! I have made it back to the internet world Bwhahahaha!

I had so much fun and am so glad that I got to share in the celebration of your birthday! I too wish we were neighbors - morning coffee at your house for sure - what a coffee set up!!!

Wish I was flying those friendly skies with you to the place of my dreams - ITALY!! Bring a footlocker and I'll stow away. la la la.

Have the BEST time, Flavia - you so deserve some ME time - and what a place to have it!

love you!
Ash

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home